2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Tuesday, June 16

Elisabeth Elliot

When I was a young wife there was a short radio broadcast on the radio featuring Elisabeth Elliot. I was impressed by her wisdom and sat at her feet (so to speak) and drank in her words. Later I read her books, the one about her childhood years really stuck with me. It's called The Shaping of the Christian Family and can be found here at Amazon.com.

I'm linking to an article that shared some of her best quotes. They are great little nuggets of wisdom and I hope that you enjoy them as I did. 

Here is one of them,
“But the question to precede all others, which finally determines the course of our lives is, 'What do I really want?' Was it to love what God commands, in the words of the collect, and to desire what He promises? Did I want what I wanted, or did I want what He wanted, no matter what it might cost?” 

Or,
“When ours are interrupted, his are not. His plans are proceeding exactly as scheduled, moving us always (including those minutes or hours or years which seem most useless or wasted or unendurable).” 

Thank you Elisabeth for being my mentor even though we never meant. And thank you for staying the course and finishing the race well, setting a good example for those of us left behind. 

No comments: