2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Monday, January 27

Chicken Noodle Soup

A friend asked for my recipe for chicken noodle soup, I told her my soup isn't a recipe but more of a process. So this is my attempt to write a recipe.

Chicken Noodle Soup
4 chicken thighs
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
3 large carrots, sliced
3 stalks celery, chopped
BetterThan Bouillon chicken base
8 oz frozen egg noodles
salt and pepper
First I take my heavy soup pot and pour in a couple of tablespoons of  EVOO (extra virgin olive oil). let it heat up and add 4 chicken thighs. Brown thighs on both sides. Remove the chicken thighs and set aside for a few minutes. Add the garlic, onion, carrots and celery to the olive oil and let cook until they are soft. Stir often so they don't burn. After the veggies are soft, add 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Add the chicken thighs back in for 5-10 minutes, until they are cooked through. Then remove the chicken and cool enough so that you can pull the meat off the bones and chop it up. Add the meat back to the soup. Add a couple of tablespoons of bouillon to the soup and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. I ususally add more water and sometimes more seasoning, it depends on how much soup I need to make that day. After it has simmered for awhile I add the frozen noodles and cook until they're done.
And that is my recipe for chicken noodle soup! Someday I'm going to make it and throw in rice instead of chicken.

No comments: